Grow and Protect
Vailshire’s investment philosophy is to Grow and Protect the accumulated wealth of its clients. This conservative and highly disciplined approach is accomplished in many ways, including the following:
- Losses on underlying assets will be limited and winners will be allowed to fearlessly advance using unemotional trailing stop software from Tradestops.com™.
- Gains are enhanced with disciplined position sizing.
- Portfolio losses are reduced by shorting equities in confirmed downtrend.
- Interest-bearing cash acts as a shrewd placeholder for positions or sectors that are not currently in an uptrend.
Investment Process and Risk Management
How Vailshire maximizes profit and minimizes risk:
- Using both world-class professional and personal analysis, the fund seeks to opportunistically deploy capital within undervalued and high growth assets across multiple asset classes.
- Vailshire’s blended value- and growth-oriented approach is primarily focused on mid- to long-term select, diversified opportunities that we believe will prosper the fund’s partners over the ensuing years and decades.
- Vailshire strives to outperform related market indices in good times, while staunchly preserving capital in difficult periods using advanced trailing stop and other hedging techniques.
- Given Dr. Ross’s medical expertise, an emphasis is placed on medical device, genetic testing, biotechnology, and other healthcare and technology companies.